Battlefield is returning to its World War II roots, with all new stories, weapons, classes, and customization options from your character to your company. It’s also getting rid of Premium Pass and map packs, so everyone gets every map. Release date is October 19, and right now there are two editions available to preorder: standard and deluxe,
At the moment, the main available preorder bonus is beta access, but it’s extraordinarily likely more will be added as more editions are revealed. Keep checking back to make sure you get the best possible preorder experience.
For now, the biggest bonus you get is beta access. If you order the deluxe version, you can start playing 3 days before the standard edition, which is nice.
The first game trial is on October 11, deluxe edition owners can start playing October 16, and everyone else can start on October 19.
Here are the bonuses available when you preorder:
- Early access to the Battlefield V beta
- Immediate access to five Battlefield 1 weapons for use in Battlefield 1
- Paratrooper outfit: one of eight Special Soldier Sets
- Special assignments: earn rewards and get an edge over the competition by completing Special Assignments
The deluxe edition gets you the following:
- Early Access to Battlefield V Base Game
- 5 Sets of Paratrooper Outfits
- 20 Weekly Items with Airlift
Preorder through Amazon and you should qualify for the 20% Prime member discount on the standard edition. Amazon doesn’t always set the discount live right away, but when it does, it will send you a nice note telling you the price has changed and you’ll be charged for the reduced rate once the game launches.
Best Buy has the deluxe and standard editions of the game up for preorder, with $10 rewards eligibility.
Seth Macy is IGN’s tech and commerce editor and wants to be your friend. Follow him on Twitter @sethmacy.