The Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast have announced their 2019 reveal event, a follow-up to last year’s Stream of Many Eyes, entitled D&D Live: The Descent.
The event, running from May 17-19, 2019, is centered around revealing the next adventure module for D&D 5th edition, as well as showcasing community creations and previewing additional D&D content. The entire event will be streamed on the official Dungeons & Dragons Twitch channel.
In addition to live gameplay sessions previewing the upcoming adventure, the weekend-long stream will feature appearances from guests such as actor (and huge D&D fan) Matthew Lillard, fantasy author Patrick Rothfuss, musical performances produced by The Decemberists’ Chris Funk, and the casts of several popular D&D-themed podcasts and shows. Badges can be purchased starting April 9th, 2019, though they run in short supply and cost $300 USD. From the official announcement:
A 3-day badge earns you access to the following D&D experiences:
- Witness the unveiling of the new D&D storyline on Friday evening, live from the studio audience
- Play a 3-hour session of a D&D Adventurers League Epic previewing elements from the new storyline on Saturday or Sunday
- Grab a D&D swag bag including merch from D&D partners and an advance copy of Ghosts of Saltmarsh
- Watch D&D played live by the biggest D&D personalities in the studio audience on Friday and Saturday nights
- Mingle with D&D partners & other characters in the story-themed marketplace area & participate in the cosplay storyline interspersed throughout the event
- Catch the live music performance celebrating D&D from artists assembled by Chris Funk on Sunday night to close out D&D Live 2019: The Descent
You can find more information on D&D Live 2019: The Descent on the official Dungeons and Dragons website. If you want more D&D on IGN, check out the upcoming Rick & Morty/D&D crossover, or this awesome Stranger Things-inspired starter set.