A new dynamic weather system for Pokemon Go will come into play starting December. This page covers everything we know about the new system.
- Weather in Pokemon Go will reflect weather in your area in real time. If it’s raining in town, it will rain in-game.
- Weather will increase certain Pokemon spawns, for example, Water-type Pokemon will appear more frequently during rain.
- Those Pokemon will also give 25% more Stardust when captured and can have higher CP.
- There are no weather exclusives.
- Attacks will do more damage depending on the weather.
- These benefits will apply to Raid Bosses as well.
- There will be no negative changes due to weather. Fire-type moves won’t do less when it’s raining but Water-type moves will receive a buff.
|Clear/Sun||Grass, Ground, Fire|
|Rain||Water, Bug, Electric|
|Wind||Dragon, Flying, Psychic|
|Clouds||Unknown as of yet.|
We will keep this page updated as more information about weather is released.
Along with weather, 50 new Generation 3 Pokemon from Hoenn are also being added to Pokemon Go.