Recent Super Mario Odyssey datamines have revealed a host of unsued costumes, including an undead costume with a Cappy axe wedged into the plumber’s skull, and new video offers a look at them in action.
The last time we got a peek at some unreleased costumes was back in March, after the Luigi’s Balloon update was scoured to reveal a bunch of Broodal costumes. Since then, YouTuber Mizumi has had a good old root around in the game’s files and found even more.
As well as finding the previously discovered Hariet, Rango, and Spewart costumes, five more were ferreted out, and you can read the description for the hats and costumes below:
- Racing Helmet: A helmet that’ll get you pumped up for drafting and hairpin turns.
- Racing Outfit: You will enjoy driving more if you’re wearing this outfit, guaranteed.
- Conductor Wig: A wig that reminds one of the greatest (and baldest?) conductors.
- Conductor Outfit: An outfit designed for the tiny part of all of us that wants to wave a stick at musicians.
- Zombie Headwear: A masterwork of practical effects.
- Zombie Outfit: When an outfit crosses the line between “distressed” and “undead.”
- Santa Hat: Another red hat beloved by children.
- Santa Outfit: The only thing this outfit is missing is a big bag of power-up items for the kids.
- 8-Bit Mario Cap: A hat that takes you back to where it all began.
Topper’s costume was made available in-game last month, and can be unlocked after beating the game. The whole ensemble will set you back 4,500 coins. You can also check out a full list of Mario Odyssey’s costumes in IGN’s Super Mario Odyssey wiki guide.
There’s no word on if or when the rest of this list shows up in Mario’s wardrobe, though.