Week 1 Challenges in the Battle Pass for Fortnite Season 5 are here and this page lists tips and tricks to completing each and every one, including the treasure map in Risky Reels and the floating lightning bolt locations. Clear at least four of the seven challenges to earn 5000XP. This set was released on July 12, 2018.
EditDeal damage with SMGs to opponents
Inflict 500 damage on enemies with SMGs. Use any of the weapons below to add to this challenge. See our full list of weapons here.
EditSearch a Supply Llama
Three Supply Llamas spawn on the map in any given game. Their location is random each time and they can even spawn on top of buildings and trees. When you find one, build around the llama to protect yourself as you open it. Take note that it takes longer to open a llama than it does a chest or supply drop. You can also destroy it with a weapon or your harvesting tool.
The great thing is that these three llamas will already be on the map before you even jump out of the bus. As you’re gliding down, look out for a purple and blue blurb. It might be a llama!
EditClinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations
Take out three enemies using a Clinger, a Stink Bomb, or a Grenade. Any of these weapons will do:
Use Stink Bombs on enemies you know are low on health and try to use them in areas like inside a house or high up in a fort where it’s difficult for your opponent to escape.
EditBattle Pass Challenges
EditSearch Chests in Snobby Shores
Open seven chests in Snobby Shores, the small row of extravagant houses on the west side of the map. In the first house, the south most one, don’t forget to check the underground bunker. You can find the entrance in the bedroom behind a wardrobe or you can simply break through the floor to get down. There are two chest spawns down there.
As you explore the other houses, don’t forget about the backyards. The second house has a chest behind the outdoor bar and the fourth house has one on the bench against the back wall.
EditSearch floating Lightning Bolts
Lightning Bolts have appeared all over the map and it’s your job to hunt down and collect seven of them. Each one gives off a golden glow, making it easier to see from a distance. When you do find one, just collect it like you would open a chest or a llama.
Here is our list of locations. Keep in mind that most of these are out of reach and you’ll need to build to get to them.
- Junk Junction – Above the northwest corner.
- Between two mountains southeast of Haunted Hills.
- West of Lazy Links above the motel.
- Above the river to the west of Tomato Town.
- West of Wailing Woods at the top of a hill.
- Wailing Woods – Above the trees in northern part of the woods.
- Loot Lake – Near the dock with the two buildings.
- At the evil lair east of Snobby Shores, outside above the base.
- Tilted Towers – Near the top of the tower with all the large windows.
- Dusty Divot – Build up to the tree in the center.
- Retail Row – In the residential area.
- Lonely Lodge – Near the top of the watch tower.
- Greasy Grove – Near the shop at the center of town.
- Near the bridge between Shifty Shafts and Salty Springs.
- Salty Springs – Near the house with the underground base.
- East of Salty Springs, above an abandoned house.
- Paradise Palms – look near the tall apartment building.
- Near the disco party building northeast of Flush Factory.
- Lucky Landing – At the top of the lone temple.
EditFollow the treasure map found in Risky Reels
The first week of Season 5 starts off with another battle token search! The treasure map is located on the west side of Risky Reels along an outdoor wooden fence. The map shows what appears to be a token above a tunnel.
That’s right, it’s the tunnel near Tomato Town! Head over to quadrant G4 and get up onto the top of the northern tunnel entrance, the one closest to Tomato Town. There you’ll find your shiny new battle token!
EditEliminate opponents in Retail Row
Take down three enemies in Retail Row. This area is another favorite after Tilted Towers so you can expect quite a few opponents to land here. The area is split up into the retail section and the residential. The stores in retail can get pretty chaotic so you may want to target one of the homes and defeat enemies in close quarters.
Remote Explosives are great for leveling houses and revealing any hiding enemies.