Yes, you can kill Jason in Friday the 13th: The Game. Although you can win matches in many other ways, killing Jason once and for all is an in-depth Easter egg similar to the Call of Duty Zombies map Easter eggs.
The process to complete this may be simple, but remember that doing all these steps will require a lot of coordination with your allies in the match.
- Find the CB Radio – The first step is to find the CB Radio. Once you use it, you can talk to Tommy and convince him to come help you.
- Escape or Die – Once you have contacted Tommy, one of your counselors needs to either escape or die. Once they do, there is a chance they respawn in the match as Tommy. Once Tommy is in the match, you can now attempt to kill Jason.
- Female Counselor Gets The Sweater – One of the female characters needs to go into Jason’s house and grab the sweater. Once you do, the character will put it on and with it can trigger a special ability. Be warned, this can only be triggered once, so don’t waste it.
- Knock off Jason’s Mask – The next step is the hardest. You need to knock off Jason’s mask. To do this, we suggest stunning him with a trap, then use a blunt weapon like a bat to smash his face in. The mask will fall off eventually, but this step is very dangerous, so expect a counselor to die in the process.
- Tommy Must Get the Mask (Optional) – Once the mask falls off, the person controlling Tommy needs to grab it as soon as possible. Once he has it, Tommy can put the mask on. Currently, this part doesn’t seem to be necessary. Tommy can interact with Jason even without the mask.
- Tommy Needs a Machete – Currently unconfirmed, but it’s best to be safe rather than sorry. Once Tommy spawns, he should immediately try to find a Machete. At this time, it seems the prompt to kill Jason will only pop up if Tommy has a machete as his main weapon.
- Stun Jason with the Sweater – Once Tommy has the mask, the female character with the sweater needs to stun Jason. To do this, stand near him and when he approaches, activate the special ability. This causes Jason’s mother’s voice to trigger. This will stun Jason for just a second.
- Pummel Jason to his Knees – Once stunned, you must beat up Jason with any weapons you have until he falls to his knees.
- Tommy Finishes Him – Once on his knees, the person playing as Tommy must approach Jason and interact with him using the “E” button, or Interact button. A cutscene should trigger showing the death.
Remember that the Tommy steps can be done at any point, so don’t worry about someone having to die until you are getting near the end. The final steps need to all happen very quickly, any hesitation can result in the stun wearing off and the sweater being wasted.
Have your own tips for killing him or another technique? Let us know down below!