Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is set to release officially late November in the US, but it’s available right now in Australia. You can download Animal Crossing Pocket Camp on iOS in any territory without needing to put in payment info and start playing right away! This process takes about 10 minutes.
1. First, sign out of your iTunes account on the App Store On iOS 11, you can do this by clicking on your icon in the top right corner of the store.
On pre-iOS 11 devices, scroll all the way to the bottom of the main App Store page and sign out.
2. Next, click on this link (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/animal-crossing-pocket-camp/id1179915619?mt=8) to the App Store listing for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp while on your phone’s web browser.
You may get a notice the App is not available on your store, but will give you the option to change stores. Choose to change stores, then click the link above again in your browser.
3. The link will take you to the store listing. Click the “Get” button for the app (while signed out of your account).
Note: This is the key step to avoid having to add in a credit card or PayPal account. If you simply try to create an account on the Store app’s main page without doing so via a new (free) app page, it will force you to add payment info.
4. You’ll be asked to create a new Apple ID or sign into an existing account. Create a new Apple ID.
5. On the first page of options, choose Australia as your region. Also, you’ll need an email account not already tied to an iTunes Store ID.
6. Fill in your name and security code questions as you choose. Choose “None” for Payment Method. The only other key thing to note is that the address you add must be an Australian address. You can, essentially, find any legitimate Australian address and use that, but a local address is necessary. Your phone number does not have to be region-specific.
7. After all of your information is in, you’ll be asked to verify your account via your new account email address, and once you do, you can return to the App Store, sign in, and download Animal Crossing. Congrats! You should now have Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on your iPhone.