Bottle Caps are a special item in Pokemon Sun and Moon that can be exchanged to Hyper Train your Pokemon in the Hau’oli City Shopping Mall. Hyper Training a Pokemon will increase its potential Base Stats to max!
Right now, between February 13 and March 5, 2017, you can get a free Silver Bottle Cap from participating GameStops. These Silver Bottle Caps will max out a single stat for one Pokemon.
Go to your local GameStop store and ask for a Bottle Cap code card, then enter this code in the main menu of your game to have it appear in your inventory. These cards are limited, so we suggest calling your GameStop to confirm it still has them before trekking to the store. You must redeem this code by May 13, 2017, so make sure to use it right away!
There are a few ways to obtain Bottle Caps in-game in Pokemon Sun and Moon, but they are incredibly rare.
- There’s a Fishing Spot in Seafolk Village on Poni Island that may produce Bottle Caps when you fish there. Take the south exit once inside the boat the looks like a Steelix to find the spot!
- Complete a 30 win streak at the Battle Tree and return the next day to obtain a Bottle Cap.
- Some trainers, such as Mina, will give you a Bottle Cap after defeating them
- The Event Pokemon Magearna that you can get via QR Code on the Pokemon website starting December 5th will come holding a Bottle Cap.
- Exchange 30 of the same color Shard with the Old Man inside the Festival Plaza Castle to get one Bottle Cap.
- Using the Lottery Shop “Treasure Hunt” in Festival Plaza. You can use it once per day, with a Bottle Cap and Gold Bottle Cap being the 2nd and 1st Prize, respectively.
- Step 1: Choose “Develop Isles” and develop the “Isle Aphun,” the island where your Pokemon can explore caves to find items.
- Step 2: Send your Pokemon to explore the “Path for Odd-Shard Hunting” by tapping the wooden sign on the Isle Aphun. You can add Poke Beans in the crate on the island to reduce the time it takes to explore.
- Step 3: Develop the island further to increase the number of shards your Pokemon can return with.
- Step 4: Develop the Isle Abeens, the first island you have access to, as much as possible to increase the number of Poke Beans you can collect. You may want to do this before Step 3 if you’re having trouble collecting enough Poke Beans to develop Isle Aphun.
- Step 5: Collect the Poke Beans from Isle Abeens often to keep the Isle Aphun Poke Beans crate full, and make sure to always send your Pokemon exploring to collect Shards.
- Step 6: Exchange 30 of the same color Shard with the Old Man inside the Festival Plaza Castle to get one Silver Bottle Cap.