Jean Grey’s X-Men Red Team Roster Revealed
Update 11/13/2017: The full team lineup of X-Men Red has been revealed:
The roster includes:
- Wakandan mutant Gentle (upper left) with the power to increase his muscle mass for short periods of time
- Young Wolverine clone Gabby (middle left) with a single bone claw in each hand, insensitivity to pain, and healing factor
- Laura Kinney the All-New Wolverine (lower left) with the same powers as Wolverine
- Team leader Jean Grey (middle) returned to life under as-of-yet unexplained circumstances; whereabouts of the Phoenix Force currently unknown
- Namor the Sub-Mariner (upper right) with the power of flight and super strength
- Nightcrawler (middle right) with the power of teleportation
- Trinary (lower right) is a brand new character whose origin and powers haven’t been revealed yet
Update 11/10/2017: A full cover for X-Men Red #1 has been revealed along with a few more details about what to expect.
According to a Marvel press release, the series will feature new uniforms, a new team headquarters, new characters, and a surprise villain.
The original article is below.
Marvel Comics revealed that Jean Grey will star in a new comic book series featuring her own team called X-Men Red. Out in February 2018, the series will be written by Tom Taylor with art by Mahmud Asrar and covers by Travis Charest.
Jean will also have a new costume that hearkens back to her ’90s look.
Given all the fire, it’s possible she’ll retain her Phoenix powers after her return in Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey, a five-part mini-series set to begin on December 27.
This news came from a video released by Marvel chronicling Jean’s history, ending with the reveal of the new comic.