Brigitte is one of the Characters in Overwatch. She is the most recent addition to the support class. Known as Torbjorn’s daughter, she specialized in armor and healing. No longer resisting the call to the fight, she joins the ranks looking to prove herself as a true hero.
Brigitte specializes in armor. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.
|Real Name||Brigitte Lindholm|
|Base of Operations||Gothenburg, Sweden (formerly)|
EditTips for Playing Brigitte
- The main goal when running Brigitte is to always be in the middle of the fight. She can heal with her Repair Pack, but you’ll want to focus on initiating the Inspire ability. Whenever Brigitte deals damage to an enemy, she heals herself and nearby allies for 80 damage over time.
- Brigitte’s shield bash can feel very overpowered at times. Use this to counter a number of enemy ultimates when close. Although its range is quite short, using this ability within range can devastate enemy ult combos.
- Use the Whip Shot to counter the Dive composition. When you see an enemy Winston or D.Va charging in, toss the whip shot in their direction to dish out some knockback damage, halting a dive attempt.
- Brigitte does serve as a hard counter to an enemy Reinhardt. Whenever Reinhardt has his shield up, a shield bash can immediately cancel his shield. Additionally, a charging Reinhardt is susceptible to a shield bash, stunning him completely. Lastly, Brigitte’s shield provides protection from a
- Brigitte is also a hard counter to a Tracer. When engaging an enemy Tracer, use a Shield Bash to stun her. Then, follow it up with a rocket flail attack then a Whip Shot to the head to eliminate her before she has time to blink or recall. A similar combo can be used on any squishy hero. Use the shield bash combo to cancel a Genji’s deflect similarly.
EditTips for Playing Against Brigitte
- Sombra is almost certainly the hardest counter to Brigitte. When Sombra hacks her, all of Brigitte’s abilities except her melee attack are canceled. This can quickly shut down her passive and active healing in addition to her Whip Shot and Shield Bash.
- As with other shield characters, Junkrat, Pharah, and Bastion are all great counter options. With Junkrat, focus on spamming grenades to her shield to disarm her protecting functionality. With Pharah, focus on staying mobile in the air while bombarding Brigitte’s shield down below. Lastly, Bastion’s sheer DPS output can melt Brigitte’s shield quickly. In addition, a Bastion in turret mode is resistant to knockback or stun from Brigitte’s attacks.
- Doomfist is another good counter option against Brigitte. With so many mobility options, an experienced Doomfist can keep Brigitte at bay. With an Uppercut and Seismic Slam combo, you can catch a Brigitte out of position. Additionally, a Rocket Punch ignores Brigitte’s shield and stuns her in return.
Check back soon once Brigitte’s new skins drop!
No longer sitting on the sidelines, Brigitte Lindholm has taken up arms to defend those in need of protection.
The youngest daughter of weapons designer, Torbjörn Lindholm, Brigitte was the first of his children to show an interest in mechanical engineering. Brigitte spent much of her spare time in her father’s workshop, learning the trade and honing her skills. Her aptitude for engineering mirrored that of her father’s, but Brigitte’s primary interest was in armor fabrication and defensive systems, unlike Torbjörn, who was world renowned (and perhaps infamous) for the weapons he created.
Everyone expected that Brigitte would continue her apprenticeship and follow in her father’s footsteps. But her plans changed due to influence of another prominent figure in her life, her father’s close friend and fellow Overwatch agent, Reinhardt Wilhelm. A close friend of the family and Brigitte’s godfather, Reinhardt told Brigitte tales of heroes and chivalry as she grew up. After his retirement and Overwatch’s fall, Reinhardt declared that he would become a knight-errant on a quest to bring justice. Before he left on his adventures, Brigitte surprised him by asking to join him as his squire. Reinhardt accepted.
As a squire, Brigitte had many responsibilities, the most important of which was the upkeep of Reinhardt’s Crusader armor (a design she was familiar with as the current version was designed by her father). But more and more, she found her main job was taking care of Reinhardt himself, trying to protect him from his overenthusiasm even as his body was breaking down from years of combat.
Eventually, she realized that serving only as a mechanic wasn’t enough, and that the best way she could aid Reinhardt was to become a warrior in her own right. While Reinhardt trained her in combat, Brigitte began to build her own suit of armor in secret.
Now Brigitte fights at Reinhardt’s side to protect him, and any others in need as knight and squire journey to make the world a better place, one battle at a time.