Pokémon from the Sinnoh region, where Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum took place, will be headed to Pokémon GO in the near future.
The official Pokémon website announced that these Generation 4 Pokémon, including Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup, will added to the game along with certain improvements that are “designed to promote an improved overall experience.”
Some of the changes that will arrive with the Gen 4 Pokémon are as follows;
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Niantic began teasing Sinnoh region Pokémon when they posted an image celebrating Pokémon GO’s 2nd anniversary earlier this year, though no date was given at the time.
In addition to Gen 4 Pokémon, a brand new Pokémon, Meltan, recently appeared in Pokémon GO and once caught turned immediately into a Ditto.
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN who only needs Kangaskhan to complete his Kanto Pokédex. Surely there is someone out there who can help him?! You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst.