Vitamins are out and Candy is in for Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Eevee. This Pokemon game’s candy goes far beyond the typical Rare Candy and adapts some of Pokemon Go’s systems while also introducing its own.
All candy you collect on your Kanto journey is stored in the Candy Jar in your bag. You can’t see your Pokemon party’s stats while in the Candy Jar menu, though, so make sure you check your Pokemon‘s stats before giving them Candy.
While exploring Kanto you’ll be able to find three kinds of candy: Rare Candy, species-specific candy, and stats candy. The stats candy aren’t officially called that, but as those have no known name, we’re calling it that for now. All candy change a chosen Pokemon‘s stats.
- Rare Candy – Like past games, Rare Candy is a special item that instantly raises a Pokemon‘s level by one. As its name suggests, these are rare and hidden throughout Kanto.
- Species-specific Candy – This candy type is the kind you’d find in Pokemon Go. These candy are named after the Pokemon species they can be given to. It increases all stats by +1. These can be found by combo catching a Pokemon and are generally dropped sparsely.
- Stats Candy – As you catch Pokemon and send them back to Professor Oak, you’ll get candy that can increase a single stat of a Pokemon.
A Pikachu Candy was used in the screenshot above.
How to Get Candy
Aside from Rare Candy, the easiest way to get candy is by catching lots of Pokemon. Combos award more candy than catching Pokemon randomly. Learn more about combos on the Pokemon: Let’s Go Catch Combo Guide.
Once you’ve looked over the Pokemon you caught, send the extras to the Professor for even more candy. Professor Oak will send you bonus candy if you’ve sent him a lot of one species of Pokemon.
Using Candy for Better Stats
If you’re looking to increase your Pokemon’s Speed or Special Defense, you’ll want to make sure you’re catching the right kind of Pokemon to get candy that’ll help you achieve your goal.
There are three sizes of Stats candy:
- Regular Candy – These can be given to any level Pokemon. However, the number of candy required to increase a stat changes based on a Pokemon’s level and its stat.
- L Candy – These candy are meant for Pokemon Lv. 30 or higher.
- XL Candy – These can only be given to Lv. 60 or higher Pokemon.
And there are several kinds of candy you can find in those sizes. Below is a chart of each stats candy type and which Pokemon we recommend catching to farm them. It’s best to work on getting a catch combo with Pokemon that give you a lot of Exp or yield a candy you need. Be sure to check the Pokemon: Let’s Go Catch Combo Guide for more information.
To see every candy each Pokemon drops, please visit the List of Pokemon in Let’s Go (Pokedex). Candy are added as Pokemon are caught.
Increase a Pokemon’s HP stat by 1
Increase a Pokemon’s Attack stat by 1
Increase a Pokemon’s Defense stat by 1
Increase a Pokemon’s Special Attack stat by 1
Increase a Pokemon’s Special Defense stat by 1
Increase a Pokemon’s Speed stat by 1
Is there a Pokemon you like to farm for candy? Let us know in the comments below, or feel free to sing in and add it to the chart by editing the page. More Pokemon suggestions will be added as they’re found.
Was this guide helpful?