There are 28 total suits to unlock in Spider-Man for PS4 as of launch day, some of which are very well hidden. Below you’ll find a list, images, and video of all suits in Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4, along with how to find them, and the skills they unlock.
Many suits can be crafted a few missions into the Main Story, and many more will be unlocked as Spider-Man increases in level. Some suits can only be unlocked by meeting certain requirements or unlocking secrets.
Many of these Suits will also unlock a Suit Power – a rechargeable ability that allows you to gain the edge in combat by unleashing a powerful ability. Once unlocked, the Suit Power can be used with any suit you already have unlocked, and different powers recharge at different rates.
To craft suits, you’ll need a combination of different Tokens found by completing various tasks around the city:
- Crime Tokens – stopping crime over the city wherever it crops up, like you did in the last mission. Complete sub-objectives for each type of crime to earn bonus tokens.
- Backpack Tokens – locate the missing backpacks you left by finding their points using the towers.
- Base Tokens – Take down enemy base hideouts and waves of thugs. Like Crimes, you can complete sub-objectives to earn even more tokens per base.
- Research Tokens – you can get some by doing the lab minigames as they unlock, by both unlocking and completing research stations later in the game, and from one specific side mission.
- Challenge Tokens – by completing specific challenges across the city later in the story. The better your score, the more tokens you can earn.
Video: All 28 Suits Showcased
EditList of Spider-Man PS4 Suits
For known Suits, what it costs to craft them, how to unlock them, and what they look like, see the list below, or click on suit name to jump directly to that suit:
- Suit Power Unlock: Battle Focus – Recharged Focus at a massive rate
Spider-Man’s default suit that he crafts and wears for a majority of the game, featuring a large white spider with long legs on his chest, and attached white parts to his web launchers on his wrists.
The Battle Focus Suit Power allows you to charge up Focus at a fast rate without having to attack anyone, which can let you perform Instant Takedowns at a fast rate, or heal constantly if you are unable to attack to gain focus yourself.
EditClassic Suit (Damaged)
- Suit Power Unlock: None
- Unlock Requirements: N/A
The Damaged Classic Suit is what Peter Parker will continue to wear after the Main Mission: The Main Event, and bare the scars of his fight with Kingpin. Though you can repair the suit by crafting the Repaired Classic Suit, you can still swap to this damaged version at any time after.
EditClassic Suit (Repaired)
- Suit Power Unlock: Web Blossom – Leap into the air and web everything in sight
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Backpack Tokens, 2 Crime Tokens
The Classic Suit is the one Peter Parker begins this story using, and it appears he has been using this suit for the better part of 8 years. It features a smaller spider design on the front with the larger spider on the back – and more basic materials used in the design. It becomes damaged during the start of the story, during your fight with Kingpin.
The Web Blossom Suit Power allows you to launch Impact Web-like attacks all around you in a spinning attack, webbing up anyone nearby and launching them away – which can pin them to walls or other objects.
- Suit Power Unlock: Sound of Silence – Enemies can no longer call for backup
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Backpack Tokens, 2 Base Tokens (Level 3)
The Noir Suit is based upon the Spider-Man Noir series set in 1933, as part of the “Marvel Noir” universe, and takes on a more vigilante approach to crime fighting. The suit was made from his uncle’s WW1 uniform, and adapted with kevlar to withstand bullets, and even features a pistol (though you cannot use it in the game).
The Sound of Silence is the perfect stealth power for those who may find themselves about to get spotted. With the ability active, enemies radioing to their friends will find no help coming, and with your attacks being silenced, you can fight as loud as you want and other enemies cannot detect you except by line of sight.
EditScarlet Spider Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Holo Decoy – Experimental AR tech spawns multiple holo decoys that stun attacking enemies before decaying
- Unlock Requirements: 3 Crime Tokens, 2 Landmark Tokens (Level 4)
The Scarlet Spider Suit is a reference to the Scarlet Spider who first appeared in Web of Spider-Man #118, and has been donned by several characters including, Ben Reilly, Joe Wade, Kaine, and Peter Parker himself.
The Holo Decoy Suit Power allows you to even the odds slightly, and can take the heat off of you as enemies can be come distracted and attack decoys instead of you – which will stun them for a few moments upon hitting a decoy.
EditSpider Armor – MKII Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Bullet Proof – Magnetically polarized armor plating makes suit temporarily bullet proof against enemies – even snipers
- Unlock Requirements: 1 Base Token, 1 Landmark Token, 2 Research Tokens (Level 5)
The Spider Armor MK II was devised by Peter Parker in Issue 656, after Parker struggled with the recent loss of his Spider-Sense, and needed a way to compensate for being unable to dodge bullets. This is also reflected in the suit’s in-game ability.
The Bullet Proof Power allows you to focus on attacking thugs head-on without having to worry about constantly dodging incoming gunfire, and only worry about dodging melee attacks.
EditSecret War Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Arms Race – Discharges amplified EMP build-up to stun enemies an disable their weapons
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Backpack Tokens, 1 Base Token, 2 Research Tokens (Level 7)
The Secret War Suit is based on the 2004-2005 comic series of the same name where several of Marvel’s superheroes battled against technology-themed villains.
The Arms Race Power is a great ability, as it allows you to detonate a blast around you that can his a wide range of attackers on all sides, and will stun nearby enemies, while rendering guns useless for a short while, letting you attack without fear of ranged weapons.
- Suit Power Unlock: Spider-Bro – Calls in a Spider-Bro to temporarily aid in combat
- Unlock Requirements: 3 Crime Tokens, 1 Base Token, 1 Research Token (Level 9)
The Stark Suit is based off of the design from the recent Marvel Spider-Man movies, featured in both Captain America: Civil War, and Spider-Man: Homecoming, which features the small spider icon and the black highlights to the armor – designed by Tony Stark himself.
The Spider-Bro is one of the better Suit Powers, as it unleashes a small drone that quickly lashes out with rapid fire attacks that stun and electrify large groups of enemies, and can easily take out small groups of thugs on its own while you focus on fighting elsewhere.
- Suit Power Unlock: Negative Shockwave – Synchronizes nano-mesh particles to unleash a devastating wave of negative energy.
- Unlock Requirements: 1 Base Token, 2 Landmark Tokens, 1 Research Token (Level 11)
The Negative Suit’s black-and-white design comes from a history that is not all from your new villain Mister Negative, but from Spider-Man’s visit to the Negative Zone, where his suit transformed in a realm with no color. However, in other stories, Peter’s suit was also transformed into the Negative Suit after being attacked by Mister Negative himself.
The Negative Shockwave Power has a smaller radius of attack than the Arms Race, but deals far more damage – akin to the Demon Brute’s ground pound attack – though this also leaves airborne enemies unphased.
EditElectrically Insulated Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Electric Punch – Kit bashed high-discharge capacitors temporarily electrify gauntlets, electrifying enemies.
- Unlock Requirements: 3 Crime Tokens, 1 Base Token, 1 Research Token (Level 13)
The Electrically Insulated Suit features a design that first appeared in Issue #425, and was invented by Parker’s friend and sometimes girlfriend Gwen Stacy for a fight against Electro. It features a grey and red design with padding on the arms and legs.
The Electric Punch Suit Power is best used when out or Electric Webbing, as it charges all of your melee attacks with electrical properties that can stun groups of enemies if they are close together.
- Suit Power Unlock: Rock Out – Blasts enemies with waves of righteous sound.
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Backpack Tokens, 3 Crime Tokens, 2 Landmark Tokens (Level 16)
- Pre-Order Bonus Suit
The Spider-Punk Suit is lifted from one of the Spiderverse incarnations of Spider-man from Earth-138, and the alter ego of Hobart Brown, who joins the Superior Spider-Army.
The Rock Out Suit Power can blast enemies with a one-two punch, as enemies will be sent skyward from the initial blast, and then be hurled backwards from the continuing waves from Spider-Man’s guitar.
- Suit Power Unlock: King of the Ring – Web Throw enemies without having to web them up.
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Backpack Tokens, 2 Base Tokens, 2 Research Tokens (Level 19)
The Wrestler Suit is a throwback to one of Peter Parker’s first makeshift costumes, as he struggled to make use of his powers by entering a wrestling match for money – though in many cases this lead to not using his power responsibly and Uncle Ben’s death.
The King of the Ring Power lets you forego the need of using Web gadgets to stun enemies long enough to throw them, as you’ll be able to toss enemies around either on the ground or in the air as much as you want for a limited time.
EditFear Itself Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Quad Damage – Assistive nano-musculature temporarily deals MASSIVE damage
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Base Tokens, 6 Challenge Tokens, 3 Research Tokens (Level 21)
The Fear Itself suit is a reference to the crossover comic story of the same name, as Marvel superheroes went up against the Asgardian God of Fear The neon blue-gray costume and its bladed gauntlets were created by Tony Stark and the dwarves of Svartalfheim to fight The Serpent.
The Quad Damage Power is a massive boost to attack power, and while limited with a lengthy recharge, it enhances melee attacks by a great deal, letting you power through enemies in mere seconds.
EditStealth “Big Time” Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Blur Projector – Creates a distortion field that can obscure you from non-alerted enemies’ vision
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Base Tokens, 4 Challenge Tokens, 3 Landmark Tokens (Level 23)
The Stealth suit is an homage to the “Big Time” story arc in Marvel comics, when Spider-Man develops a new suit in issue #650, using a wave-bending technology to both light and sound making it the perfect stealth armor
The Blue Projector lets you take out unaware enemies with ease, as anyone not currently investigating you cannot see your movements until its too late.
EditSpider Armor – MKIII Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Titanium Alloy Plates – Dynamic semi-liquid smart metal crystallizes to reflect all bullets, except for sniper rounds, back at shooters.
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Base Tokens, 4 Challenge Tokens, 4 Crime Tokens (Level 26)
The MKIII Suit was created by Peter Parker with the help of Horizon Labs to fight the entire Sinister Six It features an audio device to detect Chameleon, and counter-measures for Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro, and even enhanced defenses to withstand The Rhino
The Titanium Alloy Plates power allows you to leap into combat without worry of being shot, as all bullets excluding sniper rounds will ricochet back into enemies.
EditSpider-Man 2099 Black Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Low Gravity – Decreases gravity while in the air.
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Base Tokens, 4 Crime Tokens, 4 Research Tokens (Level 29)
One of the 2099 suits worn by Miguel O’Hara, the Spider-Man of the year 2099. The black suit takes on a more blue appearance, and features a skull design and a cape made of a web-like material.
The Low Gravity Power allows you to remain in the air for longer periods of time, which enables you to perform more aerial moves, and figure out your next move before landing on the ground so you can continue aerial moves like Yank Up or Swing Kick.
EditIron Spider Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Iron Arms – Wreak havoc with four articulated arms made from rapidly grown mono-atomic iron alloy crystal.
- Unlock Requirements: 3 Base Tokens, 3 Challenge Tokens, 4 Crime Tokens (Level 31)
- Pre-Order Bonus Suit
The Iron Spider is a suit crafted by Tony Stark, and its current iteration has been lifted from the recent Avengers: Infinity War movie, complete with the gold trim.
The Iron Arms Suit Power allows you deal even more damage than usual with a much wider reach thanks to the four giant spider limbs that grow from your back, and essentially lets you deal sweeping damage to all those in front of you.
- Suit Power Unlock: Blitz – Micro-gyros allow for faster sprinting and real-time momentum-transfer knocks down enemies.
- Unlock Requirements: 2 Backpack Tokens, 4 Challenge Tokens, 2 Landmark Tokens (Level 33)
- Pre-Order Bonus Suit
The Velocity suit is designed by acclaimed comic book artist and film character designer, Adi Granov. It has not been seen in any other Spider-Man iteration, and includes unique looking visors on the eyes, as well as more defined plating and a glowing blue spider symbol that appears to glow in the dark.
EditSpider Armor – MKIV Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Defense Shield – Experimental magnetic weave generates an energy field that temporarily absorbs all damage.
- Unlock Requirements: 4 Base Tokens, 4 Challenge Tokens, 3 Landmark Tokens (Level 35)
This armor is based off the design crafted by Peter in the Marvel stories where Parker Industries becomes a worldwide technology corporation. It is one of the most technologically advanced suits, and made of liquid nanotechology that can respond to mental and vocal commands
The Defense Shield Power can be used as means to become temporarily invulnerable to all types of damage, but it won’t last long, and is best used for the do-or-die situations to prolong your life.
- Suit Power Unlock: Spirit Fire – Channels unstable waves of damaging ethereal energy from… somewhere.
- Unlock Requirements: 6 Base Tokens, 6 Challenge Tokens, 6 Crime Tokens (Level 37)
This suit is based upon a reality in which Peter Parker’s uncle Ben did not die, and eventually learned how to bring other Spider-Men into his universe to absorb their powers. After trying to absorb Spider-Man from Earth-616 (our universe), things backfired and this version of Peter Parker was put into a coma, while his spirit was trapped in Hell. It wasn’t until later that his spirit was freed, giving him a second chance at life as the Ghost Spider – bearing the flaming skull head
The Spirit Fire Power sets your skull ablaze as well as your attacks, letting you spread the fires of hell to enemies that will take damage and be stunned by the blue flames.
EditSpider-Man 2099 White Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Concussion Strike – Ventilated concussive technology temporarily sends enemies flying with every attack.
- Unlock Requirements: 4 Base Tokens, 4 Challenge Tokens, 4 Crime Tokens (Level 39)
Yet another of the 2099 suits worn by Miguel O’Hara, this suit was created when he joined Parker Industries, and was created by Peter Parker himself. The new suit can glow red and change color in addition to many other new perks.
The Concussion Strike Power allows every hit to send enemies flying off from your strikes, which is best used to send enemies hurtling off rooftops, or launching webbed enemies into walls to make them stick.
EditVintage Comic Book Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Quips – Insult your enemy’s pride.
- Unlock Requirements: 4 Backpack Tokens, 4 Challenge Tokens, 4 Crime Tokens (Level 41)
The iconic Vintage Comic Book Suit takes it style from the early Amazing Spider Man comics, and is cel-shaded with stylized black lines to highlight and pop among the backdrop of the game.
The Quips Power isn’t so much a power as it is a source of jokes and one-liners to activate when fighting, and quickly recharges for more.
EditLast Stand Suit
- Suit Power Unlock: Unrelenting Fury – Enemies cannot block or interrupt your attacks, even if they have shields.
- Unlock Requirements: 20 Crime Tokens (Level 45)
The Last Stand Suit is an alternate universe version of Peter Parker who killed Kraven the Hunter, and become a more dark and deadly vigilante as a result. His new anti-hero tendencies eventually gets him expelled from the Avengers, and he ends up killing Doctor Octopus. Finally, he makes his “Last Stand” after being pursued by the NYPD and refusing to give up and atone for his crimes.
The Unrelenting Fury Power is an awesome offensive power, allowing you to beat down any enemy you can hit, including shielded enemies or Brutes, without having to worry about creating an opening or distracting them first.
- Suit Power Unlock: Equalizer – Everyone goes down in one hit, including you.
- Unlock Requirements: Complete all Main Missions, Side Missions, and reach 100% District Completion in all Districts to unlock this suit.
- Suit Power Unlock: None
- Unlock Requirements: Locate all 55 Backpacks
- Suit Power Unlock: None
- Unlock Requirements: Locate all 50 Secret Photo Ops
Note: The top-secret ESU suit is easy to miss. Check out the video below for how to unlock it.
- Suit Power Unlock: Resupply – Distributed nano-mesh continuously refills current gadget’s shots.
- Unlock Requirements: Complete the Main Story
- Suit Power Unlock: None
- Unlock Requirements: Complete all Black Cat Stakeouts and find Black Cat’s hideout.
The Dark Suit is a different take on the Symbiote Suit, a this one features a red logo instead of a white one. While often associated with Venom and the symbiote suit that takes over Peter Parker, this particular suit shares a story from early Marvel Comics where Black Cat makes a replica (without the alien ingredient) – since fans had taken to liking the black-style suit so much.