By Paul Caridad
To continually cure your eyeball boredom, we keep tabs on the best creative work on the Internet. As a Column Five publication, we celebrate all things visual-art, data, design, infographics, photography, motion graphics, interactive, etc.-and the people Who create ’em. But much of what we discover and share comes from us galavanting around the web, checking out other great blogs. In addition to the great artists and work they feature, we realize those blogs are worthy of praise, too. So we thought we’d share some of our favorites.
Here are the top 50 blogs we love to follow, ranked according to their number of Facebook likes. (We’re data nerds, what can we say?) This is an incredible digital journey through archives of awesomeness. And if you have a go-to art blog that did not make our list, please comment below. We hope you enjoy.
50. Spoon & Tamago : Japanese art, design, and culture.
49. Unurth : Street art.
48. 50 Watts : Book-related design and illustration.
47. HouHouHaHa : The art of sharing.
46. We And The Color : A Blog about creative inspiration in art, graphic design, illustration, photography, architecture, fashion, product, interior, video, and motion design.
45. Golem13 : Art, geek, and creativity.
44. Koikoikoi : The web magazine for creative people. Inspiration and fresh content about art, illustration, photography, tattoo, graphic design, video, and more.
43. 123 Inspiration : A magazine about creative art, design and visual culture.
42. The Green Box : Photography, design, technology, videos, artists, and –other unusual things.
41. The Fox Is Black : A blog showcasing cultural matters of design and design that matters.
40. Empty Kingdom : A group of artists, writers, filmmakers, musicians, designers, and thinkers busy overturning all the rules and try trying to make the world a better place.
39. Where Cool Things Happen : Cool Inspiration on travel, art, lifestyle and more.
38. Design Faves : The world’s absolute best design and visual culture, under one roof.
37. The City Urban Loves You : Independent media dedicated to contemporary culture, art, design, fashion, film, music, and celebration.
36. Synaptic Stimuli : Art as a transmission of consciousness.
35. Illusion Magazine : Features amazing creations in art, design, and film.
34. Creative Applications : Reporting innovation and cataloging projects, tools, and platforms at the intersection of art, media, and technology.
33. Artist A Day : ArtistADay (AAD) AIMS to raise awareness for fine art globally, through Establishing personal connections entre top emerging professional artists and people Who love art.
32. Purpose Does It Float : An Ongoing Conversation entre visual Folkert Gorter, Atley G. Kasky, and Will Schofield Taking up inside a browser window.
31. Design Collector : Art, design, illustration, photography, music, motion and visual Overdose.
30. Core 77 : Design news, resources, and inspiration.
29. Ufunk : Art, gadgets, design, and amazing –other stuff.
28. Inspire First : Sharing design inspiration with the world.
27. Beautiful Decay : A daily art and design blog featuring groundbreaking work from around the world.
26. Arrested Motion : An online magazine exclusive worldwide providing good coverage of the low brow, urban, and contemporary art scene on the daily.
25. Neatorama : Neatorama covers a wide-range of topics, Including technology, science, art, and the weird and wonderful things we found on the Web.
24. Steps : All things design and visual culture.
23. Journal of Design : The design covers the latest newspaper trends.
22. Yatzer : A global online destination for fine and Applied Arts, Delivering inspiration and best of the best media coverage.
21. Feel Desain : Fresh insight into the emerging design stage, presenting all variations of design, art, graphic design, photography, advertising, fashion, video, illustration, packaging, architecture, viral marketing, street art, and guerrilla marketing.
20. The Jealous Curator : A curator who is inspired (and just a tad jealous) of amazing contemporary art.
19. Trend Land :
An online magazine covering trends in fashion, art, design, photography, and more.
18. It’s Nice That : Championing creativity across the art and design world.
17. Cool Hunting : A daily update on ideas and products in the intersection of art, design, culture, and technology.
16. Street Art News : Featuring pictures of things painted on walls since 2009.
15. Abduzeedo : A collection of visual inspiration and Useful tutorials.
14. Ignant : An interdisciplinary Berlin-based blog featuring creatives in the fields of art, design, photography, and architecture.
13. BOOOOOOOM! : An art and photography blog with a soft spot for hand-made work by unknown people.
12. Nowness : A video channel premiering the best in arts and culture.
11. Lost At E Minor : An online publication of inspiring art, photography, music, and more.
10. 22 Words : A blend of everything, from the serious to the silly and creative and absurd.
9. My Modern Metropolis : Where art enthusiasts and trendspotters connect over creative ideas.
8. Laughing Squid : A daily dose of unique art, culture, and technology from around the world.
7. TwistedSifter : Content to educate, entertain, and inspire.
6. Domus: A visual destination for infinite imagination.
5. Fubiz : Your daily dose of inspiration for art, creativity, design, and pop culture.
4. Colossal : An Art, Design, and Visual Culture blog.
3. Design Milk : A website dedicated to modern art and design.
2. The Creators Project : A global network dedicated to the celebration of creativity, arts, and technology.
1. Bored Panda : The only magazine for pandas (who are interested in art, design, photography, and more).